21 February 2007

Blogging again - on holidays

I'm on holidays for two weeks and decided to start blogging again after a long hiatus.
The book that spurred me on is No One Cares What You Had for Lunch - 100 Ideas for Your Blog. It's a good start for someone like me who suffers from "bloggers block", and provides lots of ideas for subjects to opine on. So lets see where this leads me. (Oh - and I've changed the name, too)

I'm using my holidays to start some good habits again. My projects:
  • Get organised - throw out all those unused old clothes
  • Start exercising properly again - gym or bike
  • Get in touch with old friends, be it coffee or just an email
  • Choose a shed - a large double garage if possible (a girl's gotta have a shed!)
  • See some culture - the Perth International Arts Festival is on again

I've already seen some culture - last night I saw Marcus Zusak at the State Library as part of the One Book program of events. Ashamedly, I haven't read the book yet, but after hearing him speak - that's another thing to add to my "to do" list. He was so unassuming, but obviously committed to his work. I liked how he spoke about ensuring that there'd be a small gem on each page, be it a phrase or a character. He used another author's phrase about a cruise ship entering New York Harbour like a mountain in a tuxedo.
Now that's writing!











No comments: